Thursday, March 12, 2009

Organizing fiber and Alpaca and moss bracelet







Just thought I would share my favorite way to organize my fiber . I created a pallet to help me find the colors I am looking for when doing a project . I got both of these at the thrift store but I suppose they sell this sort of thing new ? (I don't do much shopping outside of the Etsy and thrift stores) . One of the great things about these bags is that they can be rolled up for traveling and have a built in hanger for closet storage . I will keep my eyes open for more of these for my other art supplies as they seem the perfect solution to my craft supply obsession .




My first attempt at a more organic looking bracelet was done with 80% Alpaca fiber and 20% merino and I think the blend felted up a bit faster then the pure merino . I didn't actually achieve the wood grain I was hoping for but it certainly does look like something you could find in the woods . The top is a bit of "moss" with a beetle .
On a side note...don't you hate how these blogs load pictures backwards making your first the last ?










1 comment:

  1. The organizers area great idea, really lets you see what you have; and for you with needing to move it, a superior solution. Yay! D

    RE: the picture arrangement. Some people load photos first then add the words around the photos.

    I usually highlight and copy the picture/picture html code, then drop it in where I want it to show up in the article. Then I go back and delete the original. HTH

    Hmmm, I did not get that the top blue was a bug until reading it, then did see the bug. Do you think that the Merino being such a fine fiber and the cormo being a heavier/fatter one, maybe with more crimp and scales blends together faster with needle felting?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails