Thursday, February 5, 2009

Woolies...the refured "furbies"

Keep in mind...this was my first attempt. I didn't want to waste my best fiber, in case it didn't work out so it has a Romney base and I used some of the fiber that I really didn't know what to do with "color wise" .
The whole thing to about 6 hours of nonstop needle poking and most of that was just laying down an under base to felt onto. Would probably be much faster if I actually just sewed on an under suit of wet needle felted fibers and then felted onto this but I went 100% fiber...that's a lot of poking, lol. I needed a thick solid base to lay the fiber onto or I'm going to end up breaking needle on the plastic base . More experimenting ahead, I couple more of these and I will feel safer about using the alpaca and Marino which will be a joy to work with .
More tonight . Upside...although I poked myself about 20X, I am no longer drawing blood(much)...think my finger tips are getting tougher .


  1. Oh, my gosh, how cute!
    But what a lot of poking....

  2. So this is a furbie refurbished. Had never seen a furbie before. Wonderfully fun little critter.



Related Posts with Thumbnails