Saturday, July 4, 2009

Nature is copying wet felted look !



Totally unrelated but isn't this a cute mink bear . I am considering buying the pattern to make these from a seller on Etsy . I have several rescued fur coats that I want to do "something" with...just can't stand the idea of them going into land fills and certainly wouldn't wear one . I am planning incorporating them and some of my other leather and vintage fabrics into vessels but still have more then I will ever need for that project .



I was also innocently on Etsy today, to answer a friends email there, and low and behold....was possessed by evil shopping spirits that forced me to spend ...(to much) on some stones to decorate my felting items . I think this is going to be one of my new "favorite stones because it reminds me of some of the beautiful effects of wet felting . It's called * rainforest jasper or ryholit, I think....(*refer to post on bad memory)





I have no other word for this, then organic, but there is something in the blends of colors and patterns in stones that that just seems to feed my eyes . I can't walk past a pile of rocks with out spending a few minutes or hours picking through them for shape, color and texture . I had once thought I would find a way to incorporate them into a scuplture but couldn't fingure out how without using glue . Now, I'm wondering how I can do so with felting . Another motivator to learn wet-felting .

Happy 4th to all .

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Just wanted to say hi. I really appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog. The more I'm reading his book, the more I'm seeing that I don't have AS. Which is okay. I think I'm just socially weird. I appreciate you taking the time to talk to me, and I wouldn't mind hearing about some of your theories. I'd be really interested to hear about it from your viewpoint. So, if you wouldn't mind indulging me, I'd like to hear from you again!
    -Jenni

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails