Wednesday, November 12, 2008

texture, sparkle, detail and touch


I actually bought these things a few months ago at the thrift store. I'm still debating what to do with them but love the colors and sparkle of the fabric and beaded top. For someone who rarely wear anything but flannel and T-shirts, I sure have a ton of clothing. When I shop it's not..."how would this look on me?" but "what can I make with this beautiful fabric ?" The top is silk and glass beads and I do hate to cut it up but it would be such a lovely accent on a scarf or handbag....what to do, what to do. I'm not sure what the olive fabric is made of, (one of the problems for me with thrift store fabric is I can't identify it just by look and touch. It's soft and shiny...maybe silk or synthetic...may have to do a burn test to see of it melts...hmmmm. I do have a plan for it though. I wont to make some head scarves with a layer of wool sandwiched between this and some rayon/silk blend deep violet fabric. I'm just scared to sew it because I know both fabrics are supposed to be difficult to sew(slippery) . I'm hoping the inner layer of wool will help but it will be an experiment(probably in futility), but wouldn't it be lovely if it works ?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails