Monday, May 10, 2010

Shepherds Harvest Festival 2010 with Wool Alchemy

 

 
Posted by Picasa



I'm still recovering from 2010 Shepherds Harvest wool festival . This is a rather over whelming experience for someone who usually lives more like a recluse then a social butterfly . Not only was it a challenge as far as sensory over load, auditory processing and executive function but I was trying to get ready while working an 80 hour overnight shift and fighting a cold .

That said, it was an amazing experience and I met so many cool people who seemed to share my love of color and texture . For some, it was their first exposure to needle felt sculpture and nuno felting and others were fellow crafters interested in sharing tips and hints on crafting with wool .

It was a great opportunity for me to share my enthusiasm for one of the most versatile and addictive craft materials I have ever used and I hope I convinced others to give it a try . Wool is good stuff . Biodegradable, nontoxic, renewable and helps family farms sustain themselves . The wool industry itself, as illustrated by Shepherds Harvest and other small community festivals, provides and opportunity for small crafters and home businesses...wool dyers, spinners, knitters...to share their wares with others .

A special note to the wonderful people who purchased items from me.....

If you have any issues or questions about items you purchased, please feel free to contact me on Etsy.com . Just log in to Etsy and go look for my shops....woolalchemy or starsaponthars(re-purposed decotative items ). There is a function called "convo" which will notify me by email that someone is looking for me . (Technology is kind of cool when it doesn't leave me tearing my hair out ).

Both of my shops are empty at present but I hope to have items in them by the end of this month (May) . I have many items that never made it to SH due to lack of space, so you will see some new things as well . I am also very open to doing special orders if you basically like an items but would prefer it with a strap or out side pocket .

Anyway, businessy stuff aside, I had a great time at SH due to all the positive comments and encouragement of the folks who visited me there and just want to say thanks . You give me all the energy I need to keep poking the wool and making more wooly friends .

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails