Thursday, October 2, 2008

Homies vs Aliens

My BF says it's not good business to get "political"...but what the heck, this just seems to important to keep quit about. I don't really care what someones thoughts are about people crossing US boarders illegally. I can see both sides of the issue. MY problem is with humans calling other humans "aliens"....so I said it with a necklace. This is the earth, this is a human living on the earth and this is an alien . As I learned on Sesame Street..."One of these things doesn't go with the others"...

Words count . Labels count. When you call someone an "other" you have just made it easier to go to war with them or treat them "nonhumanly" . (That's pretty messed up too, but it does seem to be a flaw in human DNA that we haven't evolved out of for the past ...million year or so, so I don't see that changing any time soon.) That being the case, it's pretty important that we make sure not to "other" people just because they are not just like "us" . Once we get that straight, hope we can move onto extending "us" to animals and real aliens,(the nice ones, anyway) . I will be selling these on Etsy next week and have a limited supply, since they are repurposed and my stock is based on what I found in the thrift store . Anyone with their own stock of aliens and homies...has my permission to make their own necklaces and sell...get the word out .....Humans are only aliens if your from a planet other then earth .
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. So simple, yet so powerful. Beautifully expressed too. You are a truly special person. Many hugs, Jane

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails