Monday, June 1, 2009

A cat, A bat, A rat and a scarf that should be a hat ?


The above is my first attempt to needle felt a scarf from wool without using a backing of wool fabric . It's about 3 foot long and 18 inches wide and took forever to needle, even using the 8 needle tool . It does feel spongy, soft and warm but not very scarfy . I may try and wet felt it into a hat .
A cat, bat and rat ? I don't really know what I am making most of the time, just something I think is interesting and or cute . I have been practicing doing a few minatures but I still find it very difficult to do without poking my fingers a million times .
This little "whatever he is" is hanging out in the trolls home , (he's sleeping right now, maybe get a picture of him later ) .
This is punk-rock bat boy in biker boots . I plan on decking him out in some chains,studs and piercings before I list him on Etsy .
Not a great picture because the light is behind him but did think it looked kind of cool coming through his wings .
This "cat" (or dog ???), started as a ninja but I liked his face to much to cover it up with a mask . I still need to give him some legs and paws, ears and tails but thought I would show him off anyway . He reminds me a bit of the "big eyed" art from the seventies that my bf collects .

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, am really liking these. Especially the evolving creature be it cat or dog. The pink nose is so detailed and so right, great character to the face, wonderful expressive eyes.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails