Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Preview of Lattice and resist scarfs

Just a few rather blurry night pictures of some new projects . The above is the lay out of some merino in(blue-green) and some prefelt I made with blue on one side and purple on the other .
The "material" that I am using as a resist is some of that anti-static packing material that came with one of my Bfs's guitars . His packing materials don't go to waste around here....(yea ! free bubble wrap .) I don't know what this stuff is called but it did work really well , is easy to cut and stays put pretty well when felting....though you may have to readjust it a bit between rollings .
After laying the prefelt onto the resist, I added a very thin layer of fiber ontop of the area I wanted to felt . I do plan on making some with thinner strips of prefelt and resist but started with these larger flaps to make sure it works .

Below is my first attempt at making a lattice? scarf . I've never been a fan of these for myself but I have plans for this including some really lush green silk velvet that I've been saving for something special .

I've also made my first purse with a resist....(aren't I brave) as well as some other fun projects which I hope to photograph tomorrow , sun be willing .
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Bardzo ciekawa jestem co z tego powstanie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to see the final result. I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed all your experimental blog posts...must be the season, as I have been experimenting like crazy these days..and the most recent is something I have been wanting to try so this was great...thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good posting of layering. I've been looking for it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails