Friday, March 30, 2012

How I spent my spring vacation........


 Above critter is my only new felt for my time off from work . Below are older critters that I spent 2-6 hours each doing reverse felting to make them fuzzy . A lot of work but I like the effect .



 Above are some of the new collars I am making for my animals . I actually found a bag of Tandy leather bracelet kits at the thrift store and put several together . I made the tags with my signature and Wool Alchemy logo using shrinky dinks plastic+permanent markers+ VISTA print self inking stamps<-------(this are worth the money) . It took me about 6 hours just to make 50 tags but since I can't get my printer to work, this was an "old school" solution for tagging my critters .
 I have my animals on about 8 different book shelves, so I packed up some of my least favorite felts  and reorganized my newer animals so they are ready for getting an inventory list made . I am not looking forward to that task .



 Most of my wet felting table runners and fabric to be sewn into bags and hats are in one closet but I still have to sort through several boxs of "almost done" projects and match them up with the right hardware to get them finished .This is mostly "to do" with some smaller finished bags and felt jewelry.
 I also cleaned out several cloths closets and 2 garages but below you can see the mountain of craft supplies I still have to organize . It's a bit of everything...leather, fabric and fur that I cut up from thrift-store coats, beading supplies, sewing and other things to finish up all those half done projects that may just need a button, zipper or accent beads . Wish me luck . 
It was difficult to limit my felting the past 3 weeks to do the tedious part of crafting but the up-side is my finger tips have fewer holes .

Happy felting and spring cleaning to all .

1 comment:

  1. Definitely wishing you luck... and patience... and strong will to avoid distractions :) I am very good at finding distractions when sort outs are needed :)
    Love the collars and dog tags! Great way of putting your details on them
    x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails